Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Playing in the Dirt

Yesterday I had some time, just me and the dirt. I loved it and accomplished some planting too. 
I had only planned on planting corn and tomatoes, but I couldn't help myself once I started looking through all my seeds. So, here's what I planted and let's hope that the weather stays as beautiful as it is right now for the sake of happy growing seeds.

Sweet Corn, Watermelon, Roma Tomatoes, Zucchini, Cherry Tomatoes
 This is my first time planting on rows like this. I planted the corn and the watermelon on these rows and I plan to use the little dip in the middle to help deep water once the plants are tall. We'll see if it has benefits.

Corn planting
My garden today
I even indulged in a delicious snack, a juicy sweet pea. It's only one of two harvested from the winter growing season. I'll take what I get with sweet peas.


Sweet pea vines are so beautiful with their delicate white flowers. They make it all worth it, even with a little crop. 

No comments:

Post a Comment