Monday, March 14, 2011

Lots of Lettuce

It is great to have fresh lettuce in the garden! I really wasn't all that excited about planting lettuce, but it is much more rewarding than I anticipated. It is so much more fresh than anything I can buy at the store and it has such great flavor. I am excited about my lettuce. I have been using it slowly over several weeks now and still have several bunches to use up before it gets too hot.

Here is a large bunch of romaine lettuce that I used this past weekend for a great salad.


Also, my sweet pea vines are doing great with this nice warm weather we have been having. I get several pea pods off of it daily. They hardly ever make it inside the house before I eat them, but here is a handful that made it inside one day.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for sharing the fruits of your labors! You lettuce was so delicious! You have inspired me to give gardening a try. Thanks to your blog I already know where to go to get the dirt and you have links about what to grow when. This will be so helpful!

    ReplyDelete