Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Replanting Seeds, Flooding & Growth

In the past few weeks, very few of my planted seeds grew, maybe I let them dry out, I didn't think so. The cabbage and green beans grew fine.
So I re-planted lettuce, spinach, cilantro, green onion and peas. I planted my tomato transplants as well as a purchased cherry tomato plant. I also planted zucchini and carrots, but that same day the heavy rains came (Sept 27th) so I'm not sure how the seeds will handle the flooding. We have had record breaking rains this September and the citrus trees are happy, but the gardening has been tricky. Cats pooping in my garden has also caused me some frustration. With my garden area larger than previous years, I don't have netting large enough to cover it all and keep them out.
My compost has some lovely plants growing with yellow flowers.
Today I planted Marigold seeds in two sections of the garden. The estimated days until bloom 30-50 days. We'll see how they grow!
Our family is getting excited as our citrus grows larger, we know that citrus time is only a few months away!
Here's how our backyard is looking.

Bush Beans


Compost Pile

Grapefruit



No comments:

Post a Comment