Friday, July 2, 2010

My Zucchini Problem

I think I have figured out a problem that may be causing my zucchini plant not to give me any squash. The Squash bug:
This guy is causing me some trouble. I started seeing them after I watered about a week and a half ago. They would come to the top of the plant and sit on the leaves after I was done saturating the ground around the plant. I started killing them by flicking them off the plant and brutally smashing them with my hand shovel. I hadn't seen them for a few days, so I thought I had defeated them, but this morning, I saw babies and a daddy (or mommy).
I read a bunch of helpful information on this site about common problems with growing zucchini: http://www.gardeningknowhow.com/problems/solutions-for-common-problems-growing-zucchini.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment